Dienstag, 26. November 2013

First donations :)

A table full of donations
I've got some first donations, yeah!!
About one wee ago I went for a walk in my home village Wald (which means forest, freely translated ;). It's not such a big village, but still almost 9'000 people live here. We have a couple of stores where I went in to ask for some donations. Now, one week later, I've collected a couple of textiles, some medical stuff, some pencils and paper for the kids to draw and a box full of old glasses. Also I have promises that I will get some more clothes soon. At the end it looks that I can easily fill up my second bag which I can take additionally down to Kenya. Also even someone donated CHF 200.- to buy some food and other stuff.

Thanks to all who have donated so far! And thanks also to everyone who want's donate something in future. This is just the beginning. A small droplet on a hot stone. But many small droplets also will chill down a hot stone :) So thanks and please don't stop to donate. If for my little project or for a big charity organization doesn't matters. It's important that you support people who make charity as only this way changes can be made. A plant doesn't grows if you pour a bucket full of water over it and then do nothing anymore. But if it receives continuously some droplets of water over a long time, some day it will be grow to a beautiful flower :)

However, I would love to get some soccer balls for the kids down there. For me somehow this is the cliché picture how kids can have fun with such easy things when they have almost nothing. And even it's cliché, but it shows the truth. Just a simple soccer ball can make the forget all the problems around them. So for me a ball is also a symbol for a better future for this and coming generations down in Africa :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen